Return to Teachers and Childcare Providers - TeacherLine Southeast - Course Catalog
Pre-Approved CEU Credit - Resources
PBS TeacherLine Southeast is the premier provider of high-quality, research-based and standards-based online professional development courses and services for PreK-12 educators in SC, NC, and GA. With more than 80 online, facilitated courses offered in reading and language arts, math, science, technology integration, instructional strategies/technology, and STEM - PBS TeacherLine helps educators invest in their career and in the success of their students. Courses last just 6 weeks and are taught online by expert educators in a media-rich learning environment. Each course offers learners access to interactive lessons, videos, articles, and online discussions moderated by their course facilitator. Register today to reserve your spot!
Be sure to enroll with promo-code “NCTLSE” to help ensure UNC-TV tracking and NC credit.
[If you have another promo-code to use (except for district-given codes), please contact us before enrolling so we can provide you with an equivalent TLSE code: 800-277-0829 or firstname.lastname@example.org]
PBS TeacherLine Southeast Online Professional Development Courses-Enroll Now!
Regionally-Offered Courses Begin July 9, 2014.
Click here to see all course offerings.
Click here to see the courses approved for reading credits.
Click here to see the PBS TeacherLine Courses that are now aligned to Common Core State Standards.
Click here to download a one-sheet of Online Professional Development Courses for July 2014.
- READING/LANGUAGE ARTS (RDLA172): Teaching Vocabulary: Word Meanings and Word Knowledge, Grades PreK- 2| 45 hrs | 4.5 CEUs | 3GC | Enroll Today
- READING/LANGUAGE ARTS (RDLA195): Teaching Reading Fluency, Grades 2-5| 45 hrs | 3.0 CEUs | 2GC | Enroll Today
- TECHNOLOGY (TECH340): Evaluating and Organizing Internet Resources and Content, Grades K-12 | 30 Hours | 3 CEUs | 2GC | Enroll Today
- TECHNOLOGY (TECH195): Graphic Organizers for 21st Century Learning, Grades K-12 | 30 Hours | 3.0 CEUs | 2GC | Enroll Today
- INSTRUCTION (INST125): Promoting Digital Media Literacy in Students, Grades K-12 | 30 Hours | 3.0 CEUs | 2GC | Enroll Today
- MATH (MATH270): Developing AlgebraicThinking in Grades 3-5, Grades 3-5 | 30 Hours | 3.0 CEUs | 2GC | Enroll Today
- MATH (MATH522): Teaching Math: A Special Collection from Annenberg Learner, K-2, | 45 Hours | 4.5 CEUs | 3GC | Enroll Today
- MATH (MATH 527): Mathematics Illuminated: A Special Collection from Annenberg Learner, Grades 9-12 | 45 Hours | 4.5 CEU | 3GC | Enroll Today
- SCIENCE (SCIE560): Teaching Earth and Space Science-Special Collection: Teachers' Domain, Grades 5-12| 45 Hours | 4.5 CEUs | 2GC | Enroll Today
North Carolina Educators: PBS TeacherLine Southeast offers several NC Literacy Credit courses that have been pre-approved for certificate renewal by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction (NCDPI). Click here to see the courses that qualify for literacy credits and the districts that have approved TeacherLine.
For literacy/reading credit questions:
Contact your local LEA HR Director
Visit the NCPS Licensure website
Call the NC Licensure office at 800-577-7994
Teachers Rave about PBS TeacherLine
"I thought this course was very informative and will be very helpful in the classroom. It offered various strategies to use for diverse learners and activities that I will take back to my classroom. Very good class."
"The thing I liked most about my TeacherLine course is that the required readings were interesting, enlightening and practical for classroom instruction. I am so excited about the knowledge and strategies I've learned."
"I liked the flexible schedule, having a deadline once a week, and being able to share ideas with colleagues. I also liked the videos. It was like being in an actual classroom and watching someone teach."
- 95% of course learners affirm their students' academic performance will benefit per their course participation (64% strongly agreed!).
- 95%+ of learners affirm their course provided them with content knowledge and/or instructional strategies they can use.
- Most readily applied this gained knowledge to their teaching practice during their course.
More Information About PBS TeacherLine Southeast
- TeacherLine Research Examines Educational Service Agencies' Role in Professional Development
- Click here to see results from the NC Teacher and Administrators 2009 Professional Development Survey.
- Northampton County Schools Provide TeacherLine Professional Development - Northampton County Schools continues to provide professional development funds for Norrthampton County teachers to take TeacherLine courses. Teachers in Northampton County Schools contact Rhonda Moses or visit your district website for more information. Thanks for the ongoing partnership Northampton County Schools!
- Stanly County Title I Teachers - Stanly County Title I teachers in Title I schools may be reimbursed for TeacherLine courses. Please see Debbie McLester to get pre-approval forms and for more details before enrolling. Take completed TeacherLine course certificates to Debbie McLester for reimbursement.
- Remember, TeacherLine courses offer best practice videos, expert articles, a robust and highly-rated peer discussion board, interactive lessons, authentic tasks with real-world applications, and best practices for integrating technology into the curriculum. Learning truly comes alive!
For inquiries about TeacherLine: Click here or call 1-800-277-0829.