Home - About the Host - Quizzes - Resources - Schedule - Watch Now in Video Library
- Dealing With Drought: College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at NCSU: From the mountains to the coast, N.C. State University College of Agriculture and Life Sciences scientists and educators are working to help North Carolinians cope with the drought. Read more about the College's Drought Response or browse this site to find helpful tips for homes and gardens.
- Extension Gardener: Extension Gardener™ is a statewide horticultural program that provides timely, research-based horticultural information. It helps Carolinians: Increase their gardening knowledge, manage their landscapes, and sustain the environment.
- North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service: North Carolina Cooperative Extension gives our residents easy access to the resources and expertise of NC State University and NC A&T State University. Through educational programs, publications, and events, Cooperative Extension field faculty deliver unbiased, research-based information to North Carolina citizens.
- North Carolina State University Apiculture Program: The research focus of the NCSU Apiculture program is to further our understanding of honey bee biology and to better our ability of bee management. To accomplish these goals, we are involved in various experiments that range from highly technical and theoretical to very applied and useful for the average beekeeper. Our program serves the needs of the university and general public by proving extension services and instruction built on a foundation of basic and applied research.
- North Carolina State University Urban Horticulture: This web site includes materials we developed and provide links to other departments at NC State (soil science, plant pathology, entomology, forestry and wildlife). Hort on the Internet included over 3,000 links to NC State resources and other land grant universities around the country.
- Plant Delights Nursery, Inc.: Plant Delights is the home of Plants with an Attitude! Plant Delights Nursery Inc., is a NC/USA based international mail order firm specializing in unusual perennials (some tender perennials for those of you north of zone 7). The nursery was officially opened in 1991 after 30+ years of plant collecting and selling at small back yard sales. The online catalog features well over 1000 different perennials, including a wide variety of US natives, as well as their asian counterparts.
- Going Native: Urban Landscaping for Wildlife with Native Plants: See why landscaping with native plants is better for wildlife and for the environment. Find out about the problems caused by invasive, exotic plants. Odds are you have invasive exotics in your own backyard! Discover the native plants you can use as alternatives to exotic plants. We even tell you where you can buy natives!
- Plant Disese and Insect Clinic: North Carolina State University: The Plant Disease and Insect Clinic diagnoses all kinds of plant problems for homeowners, gardeners, landscapers, growers and farmers. In consultation with expert faculty, we recommend ways to treat or prevent the problems we diagnose.
- TURF FILES: North Carolina State University: TurfFiles is a Web site created to provide turfgrass information to a diverse audience: homeowners, students, extension personnel, and professional turfgrass managers. Funding for this site has been provided by the Center for Turfgrass Environmental Research and Education (CENTERE) and the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) at North Carolina State University (NCSU). Information available on this site has been provided by faculty and staff in the Departments of Crop Science, Entomology, Horticulture, Plant Pathology, and Soil Science at NCSU.
- Urban Horticulture: North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service: Garedening in North Carolina. Helping Gardeneres put knowledge to work. Organized by Plant profiles, plant care, how to, tips, diseases, insects, soils and more.
- North Carolina Community Gardens: Dig in to find a community garden near you, learn how to start a new garden, or find resources to support an existing one.
- Extension Master Gardeners Volunteers: Since 1979 North Carolina Cooperative Extension Master Gardener Volunteers have been guiding homeowners in making environmentally sound decisions in their gardens, lawns and landscapes.
- 4-H Youth Horticulture: 4-H is a community of young people across America who are learning leadership, citizenship and life skills. 4-H is about having fun, learning, exploring and discovering. In 4-H, young people make new friends, develop new skills, become leaders and help shape their communities.
- National Junior Horticulture Association: (Also includes games & resources for teachers) The NJHA was founded in 1934 and was the first organization in the world dedicated solely to youth and horticulture. It is a national program that helps young people develop skills in and obtain an understanding of horticulture.
How-To and Recommended Techniques
How to Select House Plants That Will Thrive in Your Home
Tips for Successful House Plants
Troubleshooting House Plant Problems
Buying Certified Mulch
Wildlife, Disease and Insect Concerns