Since 1955, UNC-TV has inspired North Carolina children and adults, changing lives for the better. Every year, UNC-TV creates hundreds of hours of original programs that celebrate life in our state and provide people of all ages with enriching, life-changing television.
- 77.7% of North Carolinians said UNC-TV’s service is either “very important” or “important” in a statewide Elon Poll
- North Carolina families watch more than 39 million viewer-hours of UNC-TV’s children’s programs annually
- Research shows children who watch public television children’s programs do better in school and in life
- UNC-TV is North Carolina’s source for PBS
- UNC-TV is the only available North Carolina-based television broadcast service in some areas
- UNC-TV is the most used state tax-supported service after the road system
- UNC-TV’s services cost just $1.00 per North Carolina citizen per year!
- UNC-TV is part of North Carolina’s emergency communications infrastructure, partnering with state and local public safety agencies
- Last year UNC-TV produced 332 hours of original programming, such as North Carolina Now, Legislative Week in Review, and North Carolina Weekend