Frequently Asked Questions.
Have questions about your monthly sustaining contribution? Below are the most commonly asked questions. If you can't find the answer you need, contact us at 1-888-292-7070 Monday-Friday from 8 am-5 pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or assistance.
- I just pledged monthly by EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer). When will funds be transferred from my account?
Funds will be transferred on the 5th or 20th of the month, consistent with whichever option you choose.
- I just pledged monthly by credit card. When will my credit card be charged?
Your first monthly gift will be charged 1-2 business days after you have made your pledge. After that, your card will be charged on or around that same day every month. If you would like to request a specific date, please email email@example.com.
- How can I update the credit/debit card or checking account information on my Sustaining Membership?
Please click here to make updates to your information at any time or you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I would like to make a one-time contribution in addition to my monthly giving. Please click here to make your additional gift.
- As a sustainer, can I receive a thank you gift?
Yes, sustainers are eligible to receive a thank you gift (or gifts) that are equivalent to your annual giving level. If you have questions regarding thank you gift selection or to confirm your eligibility, please email email@example.com.
- When will my thank you gift be delivered?
It will be delivered 2-4 weeks following the date of your request.
- I am already a sustaining donor with a thank you gift, but I saw something I liked during a fundraising program. May I get another thank you gift?
Yes, however depending on the donation level of the gift and the date of your last thank you gift, UNC-TV may need to adjust your sustaining donation to account for both gifts, as donors can only have one membership.
- Are my monthly donations tax deductible?
UNC-TV is a nonprofit organization. Your contribution to UNC-TV is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. UNC-TV’s tax identification number is 56-6172047.
- Can I schedule my sustaining payments to occur quarterly rather than monthly?
Yes, although we recommend a monthly giving schedule, you may choose to have payments transferred quarterly, bi-annually or even annually. Please contact our sustaining gift specialists at firstname.lastname@example.org to make this request and set up your giving schedule.
- I would like to stop my monthly sustaining contribution.
If you became a sustaining donor and received a thank you gift within the past year, you may convert to the one-time donation amount. This keeps your membership active for a full year. If you became a sustaining donor and did not request a thank you gift, you may request to cancel your membership at any time by emailing email@example.com. Please be certain you receive a message back from us confirming that we have stopped your monthly contributions.
- As a sustainer is my contribution still eligible for a match if I work for a Matching Gift company?
Yes, the match will be based on the full amount of your contribution. Companies participating in the Matching Gift program will only match once your entire contribution is received in full.
- As a sustainer am I still eligible for the benefits of UNC-TV membership levels like the Producers Circle, Patrons Circle and Kids Club?
Yes, you are still eligible for the benefits of membership levels based upon your total annual contribution. Click here for more information on UNC-TV membership levels.