Volunteer at UNC-TV!
Winterfest is Coming! Volunteer with Us!Come be a part of public media in North Carolina! Enjoy star treatment as we premiere national performance specials, dramas and documentaries exclusive to PBS and UNC-TV.
These trusted PBS programs and UNC-TV original productions provide unmatched quality, thanks to viewers and volunteers like you, that reinforce partnerships in our communities and with local businesses.
When you volunteer with UNC-TV, you're an integral part of our statewide service. Our on-air fundraisers showcase:
- More than 500 annual community volunteers
- Exclusive PBS Programs
- More than $50,000 in corporate partnerships
- Live guest appearances from national names
- More than 50 hours of local programming
- Award-winning national and local documentaries featured during our one-of-a-kind North Carolina Night!
- More than 30 years of on-air fundraising expertise.
Winterfest Volunteer Dates and Times:
- Monday, November 27, 5:30-10 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 28, 5:30-10 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 29, 5:30-10 p.m.
- Saturday, December 2, 1-5 p.m.
- Special Event, “Evening of Totality: Celebrating the Legacy of UNC-TV”, Saturday, December 2, 5-11 p.m.
- Monday, December 4, 5:30-10 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 5, 5:30-10 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 6, 5:30-10 p.m.
(Due to scheduling needs, all dates are subject to change.)
Sign up through our online form or for more information, please contact Volunteer Services at (877) 549-3222 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be a UNC-TV VolunteerThe participation of volunteers from all over North Carolina is an essential part of UNC-TV's continued success. Volunteers are valued for their time, energy, experience, dedication and expertise.
We invite you to join us and find out what special role you can play in supporting public media and UNC-TV. Although we are especially in need of volunteers during our fundraising events, there are many different ways to volunteer with us throughout the year!
Learn more and sign up today:
UNC-TV Volunteer Services Office
10 TW Alexander Drive , PO Box 14900
RTP, NC 27709-4900
Taking calls at fundraisers
Walk-around characters and handlers for mascots
Helping to host an exhibit
Helping at Kids Club events
Helping with the grounds at the studio
Studio audience members and clerical help
Helping at local fairs
Special production personnel
We are seeking energetic people to volunteer as our front desk receptionist. Morning and afternoon shifts are available. Training will be provided. Ideal volunteers will bring a cheery personality and great customer service skills. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old, must be extremely reliable and must pass a background check.
For more information please contact Gloria Howell at 919-549-7146, or email email@example.com. View the printer-friendly flyer.