Nothing is more important to us than protecting the private information of our visitors. Our web sites adhere to a strict policy for ensuring the privacy of you and your family’s personally identifiable information (such as full name, address, e-mail address, telephone number) and preserving the integrity of this online medium.
Click here for the UNC-TV Donor Bill of Rights.
UNC-TV DMCA Compliance Policy and Notification Agent
Gathering and Use of Information
- We will not collect personally identifiable information from you, other than what you supply to us on a voluntary basis.
- To participate in some activities, you might be asked to provide some personally identifiable information. This could be in connection with, or include, the following:
- contest or sweepstakes registration
- subscription registration for sites or services which require subscription (such as e-mail newsletters)
- shopping transactions and/or online pledging
- content submissions, community postings (i.e., forums or bulletin boards), comments and suggestions, surveys, voting
- UNC-TV will not willfully disclose your personal information to any third party without first receiving your permission, except as required by law.
- UNC-TV may use your personally identifiable information for activities explained above, for internal and marketing promotional purposes.
- We will always explain the extent of its use at the time you are asked to provide personal information. If you do not want this information to be collected or used by us for these purposes, you can simply "opt out."
User Generated Content
"Share Your Story" Submission Rules
- By participating in and submitting materials (the “Materials”) to “Share Your Story,” you agree that UNC-TV may freely use and reuse the Materials, edited as UNC-TV may deem appropriate, in any and all media now known or ever devised, in any and all versions, worldwide in perpetuity for any purpose, including—by way of example—outreach, promotion, publicity, marketing, or advertisement of UNC-TV and any of its programming services;
- You represent that you have obtained permission from any third parties appearing in the Materials necessary to allow UNC-TV to use the Materials as set forth above. You grant the rights in the Materials whether or not your Materials are selected for UNC-TV’s use. You warrant that you have such interests in the Materials as will lawfully permit you to grant all rights set forth herein and agree to indemnify and hold UNC-TV harmless for any suit or damage (including reasonable attorneys' fees) caused by UNC-TV’s exercise of rights granted herein.
- You agree not to make any claim against UNC-TV as a result of the use of or decision not to use the Materials, including—by way of example—any claim that such use invades any right of privacy, publicity, or both.
- You understand that you will not be paid any money or receive any form of compensation for giving UNC-TV these rights. You further understand you will not be reimbursed for any costs you may have incurred in connection with submitting the Materials.
- You represent that you are of legal age and freely consent to and accept these Submission Rules OR you are the parent or legal guardian of the participant, if the participant is a minor under 18 years of age, you consent to and accept these Submission Rules on his or her behalf.
UNC-TV utilizes special software to track user activity on our site. This software is called a "cookie." Cookies contains no information about you—only a unique number with no meaning whatsoever outside of UNC-TV. UNC-TV uses this number to track the exposure of various areas of the service, specialized content offering, restricted forums and other online activities to determine future content.
UNC-TV does not know the name, e-mail address, phone number, or home address of anybody who visits the UNC-TV site. At no time does the cookie reveal above information (even if you have entered information in other areas of the UNC-TV site). You always have the option of opting out of volunteering information.
Because UNC-TV has special web sites for children such as the Kids Club site, UNC-TV must follow additional guidelines. We believe the following promises will improve the safety, value, and enjoyment of your child's visits to our site and our affiliated sites.
- We will not collect personally identifiable information from your child.
- If your child sends us an e-mail with a question or comment, or enters one of our contests, we will respond using his or her e-mail, but will not store it for future communications.
- If we know that your child is under the age of thirteen, we will collect your permission offline (by postal mail, fax or phone) before we mail any prizes or share your child's personal information with anyone else.
- If your child submits stories, artwork, comments or anything else to us which is posted at our site, he or she will be identified only by first name, age and state.
You and your child's use of this site are conditioned on your having accepted these terms. You should check back at this policy frequently, since it is subject to change from time to time. Your continued use of UNC-TV’s Web site following the posting of any changes to these terms shall mean you have accepted these changes. If you have any questions or concerns regarding above policies, send us an email at email@example.com.
Rules of UNC-TV’s Website
The following rules govern the use by you of UNC-TV’s website. The rules set forth herein apply to all materials, online communications and other information that is or becomes available on UNC-TV’s website. By signing on and using UNC-TV, you specifically agree to abide by these rules and any modifications thereto.
1. Personal Uses
You shall not post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute or in any way use or exploit any UNC-TV website information for commercial purposes or otherwise use the Information in a manner that is inconsistent with these rules and regulations.
2. User's Obligation to Abide by Applicable Law
In connection with the use of UNC-TV’s website, you shall abide by all applicable federal, state or local laws, including those pertaining to such areas as libel, slander, defamation, trade libel, product disparagement, harassment, invasion of privacy, tort, obscenity, indecency, and copyright or trademark infringement ("Applicable Law"). The Information available on UNC-TV’s website may include intellectual property that is protected under the copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws of the United States and/or other countries ("Intellectual Property Laws"). Such Intellectual Property Laws generally prohibit the unauthorized reproduction, distribution or exhibition of all text, photographic and graphic (art and electronic) images, music, sound samplings and other protected materials. The violation of applicable Intellectual Property Laws may give rise to civil and/or criminal penalties.
3. Disclosure of Online Communications
You are cautioned that any online communications may not be fully confidential. In addition, you should be aware that federal postal regulations do not protect electronic mail. You should be aware that some administrative personnel of UNC-TV may, in the course of their regular duties, have access to communications for technical or operational purposes. UNC-TV may also disclose any communications to the extent permitted or required by law.
4. Prohibition Against Rogue Programming
You shall not post, transmit or make available in any way through UNC-TV’s website any software or other materials which contain a computer virus, Trojan horse, time bomb, worm or other rogue programming ("Rogue Programming"). UNC-TV has no obligation to detect the presence of any Rogue Programming. Any downloading of software or other materials or any other use of the Information on UNC-TV is at your risk, and you are advised to take adequate precautions to minimize any loss to your system caused by Rogue Programming, including use of anti-virus programs and proper backup of files.
5. Disclaimer of Warranties
UNC-TV’s website is provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of title, non-infringement, or implied warranties of merchant ability or fitness for a particular purpose. UNC-TV does not warrant that any information is complete or accurate, that UNC-TV’s website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that any information is free of rogue programming.
6. Limitation of Damages
Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall UNC-TV be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages that may result from the use or inability to use UNC-TV’s website, including, and without limitation, the use of, or reliance on, information available on UNC-TV’s website, interruptions, errors, defects, mistakes, omissions, deletions of files, delays in operation or transmission, non-delivery of information, disclosure of communications, or any other failure of performance.
7. Release and Indemnity
You hereby release and waive any and all claims and/or liability against UNC-TV from or in connection with your use of UNC-TV’s website. You also agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless, UNC-TV, from and against, any and all claims or liability, including costs and attorneys fees, arising from or in connection with your use of UNC-TV’s website or failure to abide by applicable law.
8. Shopping on UNC-TV’s Website
If you wish to make purchases in shopping on UNC-TV website, you may be asked to supply certain information, including credit card or other payment mechanism information. You agree that all information you provide for purposes of making purchases will be accurate, complete and current. UNC-TV may change prices or institute new prices at any time. You agree to pay all charges incurred by users of your account and credit card or other payment mechanism at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred. You also will be responsible for paying any applicable taxes and shipping/handling relating to purchases.