The UNC-TV Board of Trustees shall promote the sound development of its institution within the functions prescribed for it, helping it to serve the people of the state in a way that will complement the activities of the other institutions and aiding it to perform at a high level of excellence in every area of endeavor. While the University of North Carolina Board of Governors
holds all of UNC-TV's broadcast licenses and is legally responsible for the organization, the UNC-TV Board of Trustees serves in an advisory role to the public media organization. The Board of Trustees' 22 members are UNC-TV's most vital link to the public.
Membership reflects a cross-section of the state and is comprised in the following ways:
- The UNC Board of Governors appoints 11 members.
- The governor appoints four members.
- The president pro tempore of the Senate and speaker of the House appoint one member each.
- Five members serve ex officio: the president of the University of North Carolina, the president of Community Colleges, the superintendent of Public Instruction, the secretary of Health and Human Services and the secretary of Cultural Resources. Ex officio members can name representatives for them.
Open Meeting Notice
The UNC-TV Board of Trustees meets quarterly, and the meetings are open to the public. Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are held in the Board Room at the University of North Carolina Center for Public Television located at 10 UNC-TV Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Working-group meetings begin at 12:30 PM on each meeting day. The full board meeting is called to order at 1:30 PM.
- December 3, 2019
- March 3, 2020
- June 2, 2020
- September 5, 2019 (called to order 10:30 a.m.)
- June 4, 2019