Name: Nancy Hillmer
Occupation: Retired (Registered Nurse)
Current Hometown, State: Pittsboro NC
- How long have you been a member of UNC-TV? I don’t know but long enough to wear out early Tshirts and tote bags.
- What was your childhood dream job? I was a budding naturalist and wondered how I could find work within.
- If you have free time, what are you doing? I spend time with my very active Communities in Schools mentee.
- What prompted you to become a member/sustainer? I live out on a small farm in Silk Hope & depend on UNC TV for so much and like to be home most evenings.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Sail
- What is your fondest memory of UNC-TV? Gwen Ifill
- Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why? Edinburgh. I had taken the train from London and was taken with the people and sunshine.
- What are 3 words you’d use to describe UNC-TV? Informing, Inspiring, Moving
- What’s one thing people would be surprised to know about you? I have taught children and adults to swim for 50 years now- on the side.