Find Your Weekend Destination with
Episodes Airing Thursdays, at 9 PM, on UNC-TV
Your Host - Deborah Holt NoelJoin host Deborah Holt Noel as she shares the best things to see and do across the state each weekend. Whether you're a fan of bluegrass or jazz, an experienced hiker looking for a new trail to conquer or a family planning their next vacation, North Carolina Weekend brings our state's must-see places and events right into your home.
Encore Airdate: January 31, 2019
Original Airdate: November 29, 2018
1. Carolina Touring Company - View | Learn More
2. Sanctuary Vineyards - View | Learn More
3. Enchanted Airlie and Denton Farm Park Holiday Train - View | Learn More Airlie | Learn More Denton
4. East Carolina Wildlife Art Festival - View | Learn More
Encore Airdate: January 17, 2019
Original Airdate: November 15, 2018
1. Indian Culture in the Triangle - View | Learn More
2. Wright Brothers National Memorial Museum - View | Learn More
3. Surry Winter Wine Passport- Part One - View | Learn More
4. Stackhouse American Eatery and Pub - View | Learn More
Title: From Vita Vite Wine Bar in Raleigh
Encore Airdate: December 20, 2018
Original Airdate: October 18, 2018
1. The Original Siamese Twins Exhibit - View | Learn More
2. The O. Henry Hotel - View | Learn More
3. The French Broad Chocolate Lounge - View | Learn More
4. Villa Verde Dominican Restaurant - View | Learn More
Title: From the Unscripted Hotel in Durham
Encore Airdate: December 6, 2018
Original Airdate: October 4, 2018
1. Destination: Lansing - View I Learn More
2. Ernie Barnes Exhibit at NC Museum of History - View I Learn more
3. Thomasville Trains - View I Learn more
4. Mike's Farm - View I Learn More
Original Airdate: March 21, 2019
1. The Chatham Beverage District - View I Learn More
2. The 1915 with the Blue Ridge Artisan Center - View I Learn more
3. The Hickory Museum of Art turns 75 - View I Learn more
4. Marabella Restaurants - View I Learn More and More
Original Airdate: February 21, 2019
1. The Scottish Tartans Museum and Heritage Center - View | Learn More + And More
2. Andy Warhol Exhibit at the McCune International Art Gallery - View | Learn More
3. Carolinas Aviation Museum - View | Learn More
4. The Riverview Cafe - View | Learn More
Encore Airdate: January 10, 2019
Original Airdate: November 8, 2018
1. A Weekend in Edenton - View | Learn More
2. Nags Head Woods Preserve - View | Learn More
3. Morgan Street Food Hall - View | Learn More
4. "Outlander" at Tryon Palace - View | Learn More
Encore Airdate: December 27, 2018
Original Airdate: October 25, 2018
1. The Muddy Creek Café - View | Learn More
2. The Ackland Art Museum - View | Learn More
3. Beaufort Grocery Company - View | Learn More
4. The Conservators Center - View | Learn More
Host - Deborah Holt Noel
Deborah Holt Noel is a graduate of Saint Augustine's College (University) and earned her Master of Arts degree from the University of Maryland at College Park. As part of her Master's requirement, Deborah produced an historical 37-minute documentary titled Exhausted Remedies: The Joe Holt Story, about her family’s pioneering effort to integrate Raleigh Public Schools. This documentary won a prestigious CINE Eagle award and was featured in the Visions series on UNC-TV.
She enjoys life in the Triangle as a wife and mother, and when she's not out discovering fun and beautiful places across the state, she likes to visit with local family and friends.
Julia has been a volunteer with UNC-TV since 1996. She started pitching on camera during ‘Festival’ pledge breaks and has been a regular ever since. As a past UNC-TV Board member from 2000 – 2010, she chaired the documentary “North Carolina's World War II Experience,” and has received many community service awards. She is now host of the NC Weekend segment series "Collecting Carolina."
Trained at the Royal Ballet Lower School and Arts Educational in London, Julia has a love of the arts and history: "I have my dream job, traveling across our fascinating state and telling stories about the thriving arts community all around us."
Bob Garner is the author of “Bob Garner’s Book of Barbecue,” as well as two previous books about North Carolina’s favorite food: “North Carolina Barbecue: Flavored by Time” and “Bob Garner’s Guide to North Carolina Barbecue.”
Bob has appeared on Food Network with Paula Deen (“Paula’s Home Cookin”) and with Bobby Flay (“Food Nation”); on ABC’s “Good Morning America;” and on the Travel Channel’s “Road Trip.” He has produced several hour-long specials on North Carolina “down home” restaurants, as well as producing a UNC-TV series on rural life in the Tar Heel state entitled “Carolina Countryside,” which was later broadcast on Discovery.
Discover North Carolina treasures with Julia Carpenter!
Take a look at all the Bob Garner-approved eateries across North Carolina!
Sign up for our weekly email to be the first to know about all the amazing food, art and culture in our state.