More than meets the eye.
We're way more than just a way for you to see quality television! We are creators of content—and we can make media for you. From a production house to our state's only publicly-accessible Lightboard, and event space for your meetings (even weddings), we are not the end of the creative process, but a destination for your vision. We are UNC-TV Public Media North Carolina. Find out more about us and what we offer.
UNC-TV Public Media North Carolina
As North Carolina's only statewide public media network, UNC-TV's 12 stations provide all 100 counties with four full-time, unique broadcast program channels:
- UNC-TV PBS & More
- The Explorer Channel
- Rootle UNC-TV's 24/7 PBS KIDS Channel
- North Carolina Channel Stories with a Local Accent
Our Mission Is To:
- Connect North Carolinians with each other, the world and endless possibility and while accompanying people of all ages on their journey of exploration and discovery.
- Create, share and celebrate our stories of place, progress and pride.
- Provide quality educational content and services of consequence for our audiences.
Our Vision Is To Be:
- A trusted, attentive and cherished partner to North Carolinians in our shared pursuit of a higher quality of life.
- A highly relevant, respected and revered media organization.
- A community supported resource whose value is shared by many diverse communities, organizations, and individuals across our state.
Our Core Values & Beliefs:
- Put the community and audience first.
- Strive for excellence.
- Be open-minded, respectful and inclusive of diverse views, cultures and beliefs.
- Be courageous, bold and innovative.
- Have the integrity to do the right thing.
- Humbly serve the citizens of North Carolina and our neighbors.
- Have fun and treat each other with respect.